Thank you for your interest in The Siebel Store. Below, you’ll find answer to commonly asked questions – if you don’t find what you’re looking for here, please visit The Store Forum and create a new topic.
Questions regarding purchases and downloads from the Siebel Store
Due to the nature of the products on offer, that is code and configuration that cannot be ‘returned’, we cannot offer refunds for items purchased in the store. Please be absolutely sure that you are happy to buy the products in question, and that you fully understand the usage terms and conditions, before you complete any transactions on the store
Due to the nature of some code and configuration, we cannot ‘lock down’ purchased code to a particular buyer. As such, a degree of trust has been assumed and we simply ask that you use the code for your own purposes and do not pass it on to others. Trust is key to the success of the Store.
On checkout, after successful payment, you will be taken to a screen where you can download your purchased product. You will also be emailed, using the address you specified on checkout, a link to products that you’ve bought. Note that download links are only valid for a 24 hour period. You can also access your downloads at any time from the Siebel Store > Purchase History menu item
Currently, we only accept PayPal payments. Rest assured that these payments are absolutely secure and use the official PayPal mechanisms. Other payment gateways may follow, if demand for them is sufficient.
Questions and queries regarding support and suggestions for the Siebel Store
If you have an idea for the Software Store, in terms of the site itself, payment gateways, layout or features, then head over to the Store Forum. From here you can create a new topic and we can consider you idea from there.
The Store Forum is open for business and is the place to go to log your product requests or ideas. Simply login to the site, using your blog or Software Store login, and create a new topic. Someone will undoubtedly be along shortly to provide you with the awesome code that you need!
The Software Store Forum is the place to go to ask questions about the products that you’ve downloaded or purchased. Please start a new topic in the appropriate forum and someone will be on hand to help you out.
Questions regardingthe submission of new Products to the Siebel Store
Currently, the Store does not support payment to external product authors. As such, only ‘Free’ contributions will be accepted and obviously no payments will come your way as a result. Our plugin authors are developing functionality to allow multiple payment recipients and we’ll implement this functionality as soon as we’re able.
If you’d like to contribute to the store, have a look at the following criteria:
- Do you have an interesting idea?
- Have you developed an elegant, well documented and best practice based solution?
- Is the solution your own, developed by you, in your own time? We will NOT accept submissions that are the intellectual property of others, including clients on whose sites you may be working or have worked
- Would you like to share your work with thousands of like minded professionals?
- Are you happy to give your work away for free? For now anyway…
If you can answer “yes!” to all of the above, please drop me a line via our Contact page. You’ll then need to prepare:
- A unique title for your product
- A detailed description, including an explanation of what it is and screenshot(s) if applicable
- A 150×150 pixel JPG ‘Featured Image’ for use in the store
- The product itself, packaged in ZIP format and including any installation instructions, if required
We’ll take it from there and keep you informed of the performance of your product.