Following on from my earlier Assignment Manager post, I thought I’d close this area up with a quick look at using the Criteria that we created as part of a new Assignment Rule.
A quick reminder of where we got to:
- We have a new Assignment Criteria called ‘Case Priority’
- We want to assign Case records with different Priorities to specific Positions
We’ve done all of our work in Tools, so compile and deploy everything you’ve done so far and get logged into the client.
Setting up Assignment Rules
- Navigate to Site Map > Administration – Assignment > Rule Group List
- Create a new Rule Group – Case Assignment and drill down into it
- Create a new Rule – Case Priority, specifying ‘PUB Case’ as the Assignment Object and a sequence of 1 and drill down into it
- Create a new Criteria record using the Criteria we defined – Case Priority
- Comparison Method is ‘Compare Object to Person’ – we want to compare the Case Priority against Positions that will work on those Cases
- Use a score of 100 and a minimum score of 50
- Back in Assignment Rules List, click ‘Release’
Setting up Position Assignment Skills
- Navigate to Site Map > Administration – Group > Positions
- Drill down on any Position for now – this is just an example
- Under Assignment Skills, create a new record
- Choose the ‘Case Priority’ assignment criteria and in the Skill Items applet pick a priority
- When Assignment is executed against a Case, if the Case priority matches the one we’ve defined above (Compare Object to Person) then the Case will be assigned to that Position.
You can use the Assignment Business Service (Synchronous Assignment Manager Requests) to test your rules against a specific Case Id using the ‘Assign’ method.