I blogged a while back about a third party Email Service Provider (ESP) called dotMailer. They provide a rather snazzy email marketing capability that far surpasses the function of the Siebel Email Marketing Server. They also expose a very functionally rich API via SOAP WebServices and I have been looking at building a Siebel Wrapper to allow the use of dotMailers services in the Siebel Marketing application.
What I’ve put together so far are a number of components:
- Central, configurable parameters to support access and authentication
- Workflow processes, wrapping the dotMailer API in comprehensive, neat and standardised Siebel configuration
- Includes a template Exception Workflow to allow you to hook into your existing exception framework. This is configured as the exception workflow in all the supplied Workflow Processes
- Example workflow showing hooks into the Campaign Launch functionality, effectively replacing the Siebel Email Marketing functionality with that of dotMailer
- Simplified but extensible IOs supporting query and update of Contacts and Campaigns, including history and responses
- Hierarchical data maps providing standard mappings from dotMailer constructs to Contact and Campaign IOs and vice versa
- Simple, well documented and structured eScript business service providing supporting services in a single, re-usable and customisable form
- A simple administration applet and view to embed the dotMailer UI in your Siebel Marketing application
Now, this is very much a work in progress and something that I’m doing in my spare time – with a second baby well on the way (WOO HOO!) it may take me a while to get a Production ready product.
What I’d like to do is gauge any interest my readership may have in this endeavour. Are you a Siebel Marketing developer? Customer? Prospect? Are you looking to replace Siebel Email Marketing?
A click in the survey below would be greatly appreciated as it will help me gain an understanding of interest in this little project and may motivate me to get it completed ahead of schedule!
Thanks for reading!